Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Limoges

The other day we re-unearthed a chocolate set that was a wedding gift to my grandparents in 1935.  My grandmother used it to serve tea or hot chocolate to ladies from church and to fellow schoolteachers.  My mom had the set for years, packed away in newspaper and paper towels in a vodka box, and now I have it.  I washed and repacked the set in a sturdy plastic box.  Originally the set had 12 cups and 12 saucers and the pitcher w/lid.  Now I have 11 cups and 10 saucers.  On the bottom is says 'Limoges Haviland France'.  When you google that many patterns come up.




2 comments:

Mrs Quilty said...

Those are so beautiful! What a treasure! Don’t pack them away...use and enjoy!!!

mel said...

Also from Mrs. Quilty

I just love that set! How wonderful that you have it now! Thanks for sharing!